This page is to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Ali’s Craft Studio at Forge Croft, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 5BW
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or from any other contact made with us
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
Data Security Compliance
This website is checked on a monthly basis to confirm your credit card & personal identity information is secure at all times during and after the purchasing process. This PCI DSS compliance is a legal requirement for any company who accepts payment by credit or debit card. No personal details are passed on to any third party at any time.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you place an order directly with us or on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
3. Information relating to your method of payment
Orders placed directly by phone or in person require us to obtain specific payment information however such data is not retained in written or electronic form once the payment has been processed. Your privacy is taken extremely seriously at all times. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal (payment service provider). That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us. You do not need a PayPal account to buy from us and where credit card details are passed on via telephone or face to face sales, no information is retained other than those required by law.
4. Sending a message to Ali’s Craft Studio
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address once the communications are complete unless such communications result in an order at which point the data is recorded as part of the resulting contract.
Should you contact us with a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
This website uses 'performance cookies'. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
2. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
1. Location of data processing
Our website is hosted in the United Kingdom. Payments made on our website are processed by PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.et Cie, S.C.A. (R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349)
Access to your own information
1. Access to your personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by requesting a copy of any information that is not provided on our website at [email protected]
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information
2. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
1. Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian. This is also a legal requirement in order to place an order on our website using PayPal or other payment method.
- We collect data about all users of and visitors to our website regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children. No identifiable personal information is contained within such data unless an order is placed and personal information provided therein.
2. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
3. How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
4. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us. Our minimum retention period is 4 years:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- To support a claim or defence in court.
- Compliance with the law
5. Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alison Lloyd, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected]. Alternately, you may mail me at: Alison Lloyd, Ali’s Craft Studio, Forge Croft, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 5BW, UK